Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Frog Music

Frog MusicFrog Music by Emma Donoghue

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I really wanted to like this. Really. I think Donoghue has such an amazing way with words, but I just could not get into this book.

I tried. Over. And over. And over.

But there was something about this that made it hard for me to keep reading. Maybe it was the overwhelming number of characters introduced so soon in this book. Maybe it was the great variety of accents that had me re-reading paragraphs to see if I understood it.

This book felt like a chore, not a pleasure. I absolutely hate giving this a one star review, but it's my truth. I just did not enjoy this. Maybe I'll pick it up some other time to see if it just wasn't the right book for me now. See? That's my guilt about not like this book.



View all my reviews

No comments: