Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Interestings

The InterestingsThe Interestings by Meg Wolitzer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


With a title like "The Interestings," I was hoping for a group of characters who were all, well, INTERESTING. These characters were like people I know - not usually a bad thing in a book. It's just that I thought they'd be better than average or just shy of superheroes or something.

What I was reminded of while reading this book was that the people you meet when you're young aren't always meant to be in your life forever. These friends seemed like they felt they had no choice but to stay in each other's lives even though they didn't really have much in common. Forced. Not fun.

Was this interesting? Yes. Was it the MOST interesting book ever? Far from it.



View all my reviews

No comments: