Monday, December 31, 2012

Yay, Me!

It was down to the wire, but I met my Goodreads goal with about a day to spare!
I started the last book,The Twelve Tribes of Hattie, December 23 and finished it Sunday afternoon. I started the year with the longest book I've ever picked up: 1Q84 (945 pages - if I hadn't bought the e-version, it could have been a weapon).

Of all the books I read, the ones that earned five stars were:
If you're keeping score, that's four books of fiction and two non-fiction.

I did read about a thousand pages fewer this year than last year (but in 2011, I read 30 books). I think I will keep my goal for 2013 at 25 books. I'm starting it off with The President's Club. It's more than 600 pages long and I bought the hardcover version because it's the kind of book I will likely go back to (plus, if I want to share it with anyone I can - stupid ebooks and their non-sharable rules). So if you see me walking with my bag and I'm leaning to one side, know I'm still reading that book and carrying it around with me. If you make fun of me, be warned: I may smack the heck out of you with it.

No comments: