Thursday, December 6, 2012

Currently Reading



REVIEW:
Live by NightLive by Night by Dennis Lehane

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


By the time the credits rolled on the season finale of "Boardwalk Empire," I missed my favorite bootleggers. Then, I started this book and felt as if I were with my enterprising friends who moved south.
A writer who can make you feel sympathy and even love a guy who is cold, calculating and kind to the core gets it right. There is absolutely nothing wrong in this book. There are moments that made me hold my breath and wonder what would happen as I slowly turned the pages. There are moments that made me sad. Even some that made me angry.
I only hope that this book, like some of the others written by Mr. Lehane, will some day be turned into a movie. I would watch it from the edge of my seat and root for the bad guy with a heart of gold!



View all my reviews

No comments: