Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oh, Yeah. THAT Happens.

I accept the fact that I'm aging - some days not-so-gracefully. One thing I'm learning is that our mothers don't always tell us things that are going to happen to us. There have been more than a few times that something has happened to me and when I've told my mom, she's said, "Oh, yeah. That happens."

Now, I'm turning to those "Real" Housewives (who, with the exception of some of those Miami ladies, are mostly older than me). I'm not saying that I want to be Botoxed and pulled so that everything is so tight that when I blink it's an event. I'm not saying that I want to wear so much makeup that I look 20 years older (seriously, ladies, you should watch your show more often). I'm saying that I question aging and what it does to us not just on the outside, but also on the inside.

One non-sexy thing the famous ladies have been talking about is their bladders and their lack of control over them. 





I'm guessing this is not just a famous lady problem. But now, these ladies are letting us all know what's happening underneath their designer duds. And I seriously worry about Kirstie Alley on "Dancing With The Stars." There could be a REALLY unfortunate wardrobe malfunction if she forgot her adult pee protector! And at her age! It could be worse than when Marie Osmond passed out!

I don't know if I should thank these ladies for letting me know that it's possible I may start peeing my pants when I get older or if I should be afraid for the day my bladder becomes the boss of me. Do those things have an expiration date? Maybe I should buy them now just in case. I don't want to have a conversation with my mom only to have her say, "Oh, yeah. That happens."

No comments: