Sunday, June 3, 2012

Testing My Patience

It's been a while since I've written about my tomatoes. ICYMI: read this, this, this and this

I have no more new ones. They've grown a bit more. I'm beginning to worry something is wrong. They haven't turned the least bit red. Over the last few days, they've turned slightly lighter green. I think. It could be my eyes willing them to ripen.

Today, I added some fertilized soil hoping that may get the tomatoes one step closer to plucking. I have also seen some flowers so maybe I'll get a few more tomatoes put of the plant before it shuts down (I think they do that when it gets too hot). 

Here's a picture I just took of some of my future fruits. Please cheer them on!

I've also planted a few other things. I'll bore you with pictures of those later. I'm pacing myself!

UPDATE: When I went out to water the plant, I spotted one tomato had turned a little red on its bottom (and I swear I didn't spank it!). I don't know how they do it, but I think my tomatoes are reading this blog!

No comments: