Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February Movies

It's February! Here's my snap judgement of movies out this month. As usual, I'm starting with the movies I am interested in seeing. SPOILER ALERT: It looks like I'll have plenty of time to get caught up on the Oscar faves I haven't seen yet!

Undefeated

Slim pickins' this month, but this football documentary might help me get over my Friday Night Lights withdrawal.

Act of Valor

I'm not making plans to see this one in the theater. However, I do like these kinds of movies because I like feeling like I'm going to pass out from holding my breath out of fear one gasp could get the heroes caught.

Here's what I'll skip:
  • Safe House - I feel like I've seen this before when it was called Training Day.
  • The Vow - This one also feels like deja vu. Like, The Notebook.
  • Journey 2 - Two reasons I won't see this: The Rock; I've seen glimpses of the one with Brendan Fraser and it was super bad (not in a good way).
  • Rampart - Oh, this one also looks like Training Day only with Woody Harrelson.
  • Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - I've given up on Nic Cage.
  • This Means War - Oh, Reese Witherspoon. I adore you. You're a talented actress. Why can't you pick better movies?
  • The Secret World of Arriety - Not my kind of animated flick.
  • Thin Ice - This is the kind of movie actors make for the paycheck. Or because they had a weekend to kill.
  • Wanderlust - I love Paul Rudd but I really wish Hollywood would quit trying to convince me Jen Aniston is funny. I'm not falling for that trick anymore.
  • Good Deeds - I wouldn't see a Tyler Perry movie if Tyler Perry made a movie called "Tyler Perry Presents: Nicole Goes To A Tyler Perry Movie And Yells At The Screen."
  • Gone - How is this movie not made just for MTV?

No comments: