Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Facebook Needs An Ad Monitor

It's been a while since I've mentioned it, but I am super surprised Facebook still hasn't taken any steps to get out of the creeper business. I mean, they're all about knowing where I am and what I'm doing, but they can't monitor their ads?

I don't get this.

So, become a social worker and maybe put babies on a diet? Or do you take fat babies away from their parents? Or do you just apply to get financial aid, then figure out if social work is for you?

Because if you're looking for a job and are inspired by that Facebook ad, I'm gonna say you probably like to eat babies. Or want one of your own. Sad.

Here's another one I don't get.

Is this a mom? Is she scared of going back to school? Is she scared to have her picture taken because she kind of looks like a guy pretending to be a lady and it's daytime so you see her true colors?

Wouldn't the better picture for an ad be of a woman appearing to do homework while holding her baby? Like this.
See? All I did was do a Google image search for a woman doing homework while holding a baby. Facebook ad team, meet Google. It's magical!

Look, I really like a taco. But look at the size of that thing! It's actually bigger than the lady's head. I don't even think she's eager to eat it. She's just amazed her super large hands can hold it until someone finally snaps the picture.

Yes, things are bigger in Texas. Still... this is beyond ridiculous. It's dangerous! Tacos could be the new tasers! Throw one at an attacker and run!

I suppose if the point of the ads is to make me notice (but not click on them), then Facebook is doing it right. But if they want me to respect them, they're going to have a to try a little lot harder.

SIMILAR POSTS:

No comments: