Monday, August 1, 2011

August Movies

While I haven't been to the movie theater as much as I would like, I am still putting some movies on my list this month. First, the ones I want to see:

The Help

I loved this book so much, I was skeptical when I heard it was being turned into a movie. Then, I saw the first screen shots and decided the casting was perfect - each of the characters looked exactly as I had pictured her! Also, I think Emma Stone is great in everything, so I will definitely catch this in the theater.

One Day

Oh, another book turned into a movie. I really loved this book. I like Anne Hathaway. I will see this with my fingers crossed that it makes me feel the way I did when I closed the book. If not, I will find an address for Anne and get her to reimburse me for my movie time candy.

Our Idiot Brother

Paul Rudd. He's why I'd see this. However, it will probably make the Netflix queue. I'm kind of over Zoeey Deschanel.

Don't Be Afraid of The Dark

I'm torn on this one. I LOVE Guy Pearce. I don't know why he doesn't get the big roles in the big movies - he's AMAZING! But I don't think I can sit in the theater for this one. Two words: Katie Holmes. It's best that I watch this at home where I can yell things like, "You're a horrible actress!" and "You're nothing without Tom Cruise - and he's crazy!" So, this makes the Netflix cut.

Now, the ones I won't see:
  • Rise of The Planet of The Apes - This just scares me. Can't do it.
  • The Change-Up - This plot (body swap) is SO played. As much as I love Jason Bateman, I won't even Netflix this.
  • 30 Minutes or Less - Maybe if I was a stoner I'd rush to see this. Instead, I'll wait until it shows up on HBO.
  • Final Destination 5 - First of all, I cannot believe there is so much demand for these movies that they've made a fifth one that's being released in theaters and not going straight to DVD. Second, these movies are like my not-so-secret fears come to life. No, thank you.
  • Conan The Barbarian - Well, this is just not necessary.

No comments: