Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Summer Blahs

If Hollywood wanted me to get outside and sweat instead of sit inside a nice, cool movie theater, it wins. This month has so few movies that appeal to me. Here's what will make the cut:

Beautiful Boy

Oh, Michael Sheen. I'll see you in anything. This does seem a little serious for a summer movie, but I'll probably see it early in the day so I can get over it and not have dreams about it.

Super 8

I don't usually love science fiction, but I think Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams can do this without me feeling out of place in this geekdom.

Page One: Inside The New York Times

I have always been fascinated by newspapers, this one in particular. I love watching how this old form of media is trying to keep up while making everyone else follow their stories. I'm wondering if any of the money from this documentary goes to the newspaper. And if I pay to see this, will it get me past that paywall?

Bad Teacher

Truth: if I don't see this as a $5 early bird special, I will just add it to Netflix. I adore Justin Timberlake on SNL, but his movies seem to be more miss than hit. Strange.

That's it for June. I'm not even listing the movies that I won't see. Too many to name.

No comments: