Tuesday, March 1, 2011

In Theaters

This month, there are some movies I can't wait to see, others I can't wait not to see. I'm going to focus on the positive this month.

Rango

I happen to love the animated films! And Johnny Depp as a lizard who's not so lucky - it might as well be like that first Pirates movie (loved that, the sequels, not so much). I'm sooo there for this!

The Adjustment Bureau

If someone just told me there was a movie with Matt Damon, Emily Blunt and John Slattery, I would have asked, "When is it out?" But this trailer gets me EVERY time!

Mars Needs Moms

OK. I'm not exactly rushing to the theater to see this. But I'll probably add it to my Netflix queue because the story looks cute. What's stopping me from the theater? The fact that this animation looks like something from a computer game. Either give me Pixar-style animation or make it a real movie.

Win Win

Paul Giamatti and Amy Ryan in one movie? YES! Definite WIN WIN!

What I'm NOT Seeing:
  • Take Me Home Tonight - I'm probably not the demographic for this, but there doesn't appear to be anything great about it. Not even the Eddie Money reference appeals to me.
  • Red State - I like Kevin Smith. Well, I did when he was Chasing Amy and making me relate to Mallrats. Now, he's just the fat guy complaining about airlines. And he's trying something different with this horror film. Not. Gonna. Do. It.
  • Beastly - This new take on Beauty and The Beast is just, ugh. Not one person in it I actually want to see. And it looks like there's a lot of CGI happening here. Pass.
  • Battle Los Angeles - Absolutely not.
  • Jane Eyre - Seen it. Don't need to see the 1,000th version of it.
  • Red Riding Hood - When I first saw the trailer, I thought this was a spoof. Nope, serious attempt at retelling this fairy tale. Nope.
  • Limitless - I feel like I've seen this before, so no need to blow $20 bucks on a trip to the theater for this one.
  • Paul - Too geeky for me.
  • The Lincoln Lawyer - I've also seen Matthew McConaughey do this before. If it's not a romantic comedy or lame attempt at an action movie, this guy's playing a lawyer? Don't get me wrong - I will never look away from the guy when he's not wearing a shirt. I just don't want to pay to see him on the big screen.
  • Sucker Punch - It's like Cinderella but with a wicked stepfather. Um, no.
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules - I see what's happening here. A bunch of movies being released this month are aimed at Spring Breakers. I'm too old for that.

No comments: