Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This Will Make My Mother Happy

Maybe.

I have received more than one phone call from my mother asking/demanding I marry Anderson Cooper. It's not that I wouldn't do that in a heartbeat, it's that I don't think he'd be happy (just Google him if you don't understand that it's not me, it's him). She doesn't seem to care about that.

Then, this morning while I was checking Facebook, I spotted this ad:
Take a good look at the guy in the picture. He looks awfully familiar.
Is that a photo of Anderson in the ad? I'm pretty sure he's not single. Also, I'm fairly certain that this guy - who is awkwardly shy - is not trolling the Internet for a potential love match.

Now, while I usually find those FB ads creepy, I'll give them credit for not making me roll my eyes completely. Who wouldn't want their own Silver Fox? I must have mentioned that I love The Coop and they assumed that's what's missing from my life. I get my fix on CNN at night and on Twitter. That's good enough for me. Unless there's a Cooper Clone. I'll take one of those, please. But if the ad is offering old dudes, I'll pass and say FB is back in the creep zone.

4 comments:

Jenny Fan said...

At least they didn't use the Charles Manson lookalike from the "Moms: Go Back to College" ads.

Nicole said...

Facebook ads always surprise/creep me out. And The Coop should totally call a lawyer because that's him in the ad!

Unknown said...

This picture just shows the credibility of the ads being posted by Facebook. Having said that,If only this was true,I would want to reply in a heart beat!
You should send this link to him =) Maybe it can make it to his AC360 Riddiculist!

Nicole said...

I posted it on Twitter & included him in the tweet. Maybe he'll see this, maybe he won't. I know if my photo was being put in creepy ads like that, I'd take action!