Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ICYMI: Late Night Laughs

I stay up late, not because I want to but because I can't crawl into bed and pass out as soon as I get home. So, I watch some TV. Tuesday night was fantastic, bizarre and a little inspiring. Let me break it down for you.

Fantastic
Jimmy Fallon's hour was full of all things Bruce Springsteen (it helped that The Boss was his only guest). This made me smile as I drifted into dreamland.

Brilliant.

Bizarre
This was my first stop on the late night adventure. And it rattled me. Earlier this week, I pointed out that Harrison Ford has become a parody of himself. His interview with Conan was so strange, I thought he might have had a stroke or something.

What's wrong with him? He kind of reminds me of my grandpa - not quite paying attention, mumbling a bit, saying random words. So crazy.

Inspiring
It's not every night I am inspired by a late night talk show host. Jimmy Kimmel spoke to me. Not like, "He's talking directly to me" through the TV, but "I heard his message and I'm gonna follow" spoke to me. Listen to this song.

So, here goes. I'm going through Facebook and Twitter. If I don't really know you or you have become inactive, we're breaking up. I love a little social media cleansing!

Kids, if your parents tell you you can't learn anything from staying up late, show this to them. I have learned so much in the middle of the night - and I didn't even make it to the infomercials/shopping channels!

No comments: