Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Love Google

Not in a "I want to marry Google" kind of way, but in an "I am inspired by their creativity" way. In fact, I am going to start documenting their creativity here. Before you ask, this is not because I'm afraid I'm running out of topics to discuss here. Here are a few examples of their fun/educational tricks.
This was the home page image on October 8th. It was in the memory of John Lennon, who would have turned 70. They even made this Google doodle.


This piece appeared October 21st.
I love the poppy art work with the featured guy forming the "G" in Google. Oh, and that guy? Dizzy Gillespie. Google chose to honor what would have been his 93rd birthday.

They love Halloween so much, they made multiple images!
I'm a little surprised to see a whole lot of Scooby Doo and the gang and not a single mention of Charlie Brown's search for The Great Pumpkin.

If not for this...
I wouldn't know that the x-ray had been around 115 years.

I have no idea how Google knew it was so murky I couldn't see the sun on Veteran's Day,
but they did.

Thanks to Google, I clicked on this image...

and learned this was to celebrate what would have been the 160th birthday of Robert Louis Stevenson.

And finally... I feel much love for Google because it seems to love its employees. This news sure beats any holiday bonus my employer has ever handed down.

I'm sure you know what this one means.
I was a little confused about why it appeared two days before Thanksgiving until I clicked on it and was lead to this page.
Wednesday, they offered up this image which led to this recipe.

And it wasn't until Thursday that I realized you could spell Google with food.
Apparently, I'm not observant. For two days, they subtly used food to be the "oo" in Google. I stared at this image for a minute before I was able to read Google out of that yummy display. It also included links to many recipes. GOOGLE. You people are smart!

No comments: