Monday, September 27, 2010

Get This MFin Snake Out of My MFin Yard!

I had a bit of a scare last night. I opened the back door to let my dog out and something caught my eye.
I loudly whispered, "Snake!" as my dog walked past it. When I turned on the light, I saw that it wasn't very big. I reached for my phone and snapped a photo from as close as I could get while still keeping one toe in the house - you know, just in case it turned to come at me. Then, I closed the door and kept one eye on the snake, the other eye on the dog. My dog did pass the snake and it never made a move at him. Once he came in, I turned off the light and hoped that this snake was just some rogue guy passing through - not a scout looking for a new home for his snake family. Tell me this is a real possibility!

When the dog woke me up this morning, I was happy to see the snake was gone - or at least out of sight. I'm not exactly excited about going out into the backyard any time soon. Part of me hopes that when the yard guys come next week, they'll mow right over it.

I have no idea what kind of snake it is. It did not have a rattle, so I wasn't as scared as I could have been (read: I did not pee my pants). Hopefully, it's just one of those harmless yard snakes. Right?

Until then, this is the attitude I will take towards that snake and any other I spy in my yard. Note: I chose the edited version of this speech, but know that in real life, I am completely unbleeped.

No comments: