Sunday, August 8, 2010

For Your Entertainment

I know this blog isn't always about entertainment (let's face it, it's often about nonsense). So allow me to introduce you to a short film.

I have had the privilege of working with Sam Lerma, a super talented guy who primarily worked as a photojournalist but has a passion for film. While most of us might surf Craigslist either for something to buy or sell, he saw something in this ad.

He turned those words into this short film.

Trash Day- A Craigslist Personal Ad Come to Life from sam lerma on Vimeo.

It's played at film festivals and even won a few awards. I wanted to share it with you because I hope you'll make note of Sam's work. I know he will make many more movies in his future. And, some day, I believe he'll be on a stage in a room full of stars accepting an award for his work.

I'll cheer him on and say, "I remember him when he was stuck in the helicopter flying over a robbery."

You can follow Sam on Twitter. He also has a blog.

No comments: