Saturday, August 28, 2010

Footloose & In The Danger Zone

Before I get started, let me just say that if this blog was written in 1985, it would be super cool. Instead, it's 2010 and it's a bit silly.

Last night, I went to see Kenny Loggins in concert.

Yes.

Kenny Loggins.
I have such great love for his music - really, I do! Back in the day, you couldn't watch a movie without hearing one of his songs. As corny as some people think of it now, I know that it's great fun and always makes me happy. So, when I found out he was coming to San Antonio, I knew that I wanted to see him.

Looking around the venue, I noticed a few things: mullets and people who were old enough to be my parents. This made me feel good. Two things I love: mullet hunting and being one of the younger people in the room (that becomes more of a challenge each year). Then, came the music.

It was Kenny, a bassist, guitar player, drummer and keyboard guy. That's it. Away he went, playing his biggest hits (and, thankfully, just one new song). But this one got most of the Baby Boomers (and myself) out of their seats:

Such a good time! If he comes to your town, check him out. The show only lasted about an hour and a half - no opening act.

Now, I really want to write a screenplay about his life just for the soundtrack!

PS - I know the video doesn't look great, but it was really dark in there! I'm kind of sad my photos didn't come out. Thanks for playing, Julie!

No comments: