Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Want It ALL

OK. I don't really want it ALL. That's an impossible order (and there are plenty of things I don't really want). But as a homeowner, I want a few simple things. One of them: a full, green yard. Last year's drought did a number on my yard. It was more straw than grass. So, over the last few months, I have fertilized, raked, planted seeds and carefully placed fertilized (read: stinky) dirt in patches that no longer resembled grass. If you know me, you know that I am not patient. So, when I plant seeds, I want results in days, not weeks. So when I peek into my backyard and see this, I'm a little happy, a little frustrated.
That's definite progress from the yard I had last year. But I want it to look like this: 

Instead, it reminds me of this:

That's right. I have the Cliff Clavin of yards - if his beard also includes a few weeds.

No comments: