Monday, April 26, 2010

Taking On A Giant

Last week, I wrote about my frustration with soap dispensers. Exciting, I know. But I was frustrated. Then, I realized that the right thing to do was to contact the manufacturer. It's possible they don't know people aren't happy with their product, right?


So, I grabbed this particular soap dispenser, Googled the brand and found out it's made by Colgate. They have a customer service section where you can heap praise or get nasty. I chose to type my response right down the middle. I sent two comments. The first, had no UPC code (because my beef was not necessarily with this one container - it's all of them, even the ones I haven't bought), so I guess I should not have been surprised that I did not get a response in the one working day promised by the site. So, I sent a second one, this time, carefully typing the UPC number so I'd get a response. I explained everything as nicely as possible as I had in my earlier blog post. So, late last night, I got this response in my inbox:



Thank you for contacting us. We're glad that you had the opportunity to try Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Liquid Hand Soap.
Our Packaging Engineers are constantly looking at ways to improve our product containers and labels. The soap left in the bottom of the bottle is not counted with the ounce size provided on the bottle.  We appreciate your comments on our packaging for Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Liquid Hand Soap.
We hope you will continue to rely on our company for quality products and services and that you will contact us again if you need additional information or have any further questions.
Sincerely,
Victoria Smith
Consumer Affairs Representative
Consumer Affairs


Yeah. I feel SOOO much better now!


All I wanted was them to accept that their product is not user-friendly. Maybe they'll fix their pumps. Maybe they won't. This is one customer who is NOT sticking around to find out. I will not buy their soap again.


Sorry to get all serious on you. But I feel SO much better getting that off my chest. Now, I'll go back to hunting celebrity news and other silly things to share with you.

No comments: