Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Second Cut of The Season

I've never had Botox, but this is what my face looked like when I watched last Sunday's episode of "Desperate Housewives."

I have stuck with this show from the beginning. Back then, it was funny, sassy and sexy. The last few seasons, it's been silly, dumb and (worst of all) predictable.

The season premiere didn't do much for me. I gave it a second chance last week. I found myself staring blankly at the TV, willing the show to win me over.

It never did.

I know plenty of people who gave up on this show a long time ago. Here's my problem with TV shows: once I start them, it's really hard for me to quit them, even if I let several episodes take up space on my DVR, only to watch them while I'm reading a magazine or doing something else. It takes a lot for me to quit a show to which I've invested so much of my time. But this time, I had no problem cutting the cord (actually, no cutting involved - just deleted the timer on my DVR schedule).

Mark Cherry's brainchild started off good. Now, it's just as annoying as a daytime soap opera. I mean, every single trick this show has pulled has been done on daytime. When I read this was how the fall season would end, I decided I've had enough. Warning: don't click on the link unless you REALLY want to know what is going to happen.

So long, ladies of Wisteria Lane. It was nice knowing you - you know, until you lost your wit and charm. Maybe I'll catch you in syndication if I ever wonder what happened to you.

MMMM... Probably not.

No comments: