Thursday, October 15, 2009

Honesty Is The Best Policy

Judging by the title, you're probably thinking, "This girl is crazy! She just said she wants a cupcake car and now she's preaching honesty?" Well, I really do want a cupcake car, so stop messing around and buy me one.

Back to my entry today. Yes, I believe honesty is always the best policy, even when it stings a little. Believe it or not, I do try to be kind when I'm telling people what they don't want to hear. My family and friends know not to ask me for my opinion unless they really want to hear it. But I'm not outing liars today. Well, not with names.

Something has been bothering me lately. I didn't become fully aware of it until a few weeks ago when I kept seeing this infomercial for a girdle-type device that promised to make you look 20 pounds thinner instantly. Look:

UH-MAZE-EEEENG! When I did a google search, it seems this body slimmer (gasp) doesn't work as advertised.

I know there are other products, like Spanx, which do an excellent job of cutting off your circulation just to hide a few bumps or rolls.

Then, I learned about something for the fellas.
Yes, ladies, go ahead and look at the zipper area. Really. That's what Calvin Klein wants. Why? BECAUSE IT'S PADDED.

They're like the "Wonder Bra" of pants! Totally misleading! I feel for people who have such high expectations based on a date's outerwear that when they finally get to see what's underneath they are, to say the least, underwhelmed.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy these things if they make you feel better about yourself. I'm just saying a little honesty before the reveal would be the best policy. I can only imagine the horror unfolding in bedrooms everywhere as people strip down to reveal they are less than perfect. I kind of wish someone would put that on youtube. Don't think I haven't been looking for it.

No comments: