Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pass The Soap (And Deodorant, Too)!

OK. This post is a little mean. However, if I don't write it, it will probably just bug me for a while. So allow me to get this off my chest.

What is the deal with some of these celebrities who always seem to look like a good shower is the last thing they want? I mean, they have it all - don't they? Why is it they leave home with greasy hair? I'm not nearly as busy as these people, yet even I manage to shower before I leave home.

My first two offenders:
Yes, Cameron and Drew are at an outdoor concert, where it's most likely incredibly hot. But this is not the first time I've seen these two looking less than fresh. Most recently, I spotted Cameron with pit stains at the MTV Movie Awards. This leads me to believe she doesn't wear deodorant. Now, I don't care if your sweat doesn't stink. You should at the very least put on some deodorant so we don't have to see your sweaty pits. Be a freaking lady!

Another offender:
Kate, Kate, Kate. I get that you like hippy dudes who like to smoke (and I'm not talking about cigarettes). But every time I see you, I want to come at you with a bottle of Febreeze!

I could name a few more, but I'll stop there.

Let me end by saying that when I see these ladies on the red carpet or at award shows, all dolled-up, they look amazing. I want to BE them! But that's only for that short time. It's clear they don't want to spend much time making themselves look presentable. I suppose with their celebrity status they don't have to. People have already seen what they can look like - good and bad. No need to make a good first impression. I get that.

All I ask is that ordinary people don't think it's OK to go about life without regular use of soap, deodorant and toothpaste. It's a big planet, but it's not THAT big that I won't be able to smell you.

No comments: