Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Clumsiness Strikes - AGAIN!

Tuesday, I did something most people do every day - bump into something. While I'm used to these mystery bruises I get from hip checking myself on a sharp edge, or swinging my arm into a door frame, this one was different.

I was picking up something next to a chair in my living room, when I got too close to it. I accidentally kicked the leg of the chair. See the offending piece of furniture?
I'm sure you're surprised to know that I shouted a few expletives immediately after my toes met the wooden leg. Then, I wiggled my toes (some of which were numb), but figured it was no big deal. I've done that before. Then, I put on my sandals and took Charley for a walk. I was actually glad he is a slow walker. Every step hurt. If I had to walk fast, I don't know what I would have done. When we got home, I changed into my sneakers and went to work. Within two hours, the toe was throbbing, so I took off my shoe and sock and was surprised to see my middle toe turning purple. I hobbled through the day, came home, had some wine and went to sleep. When I woke up this morning, *this is what I saw:
That middle toe is a fine shape of reddish purple - merlot, maybe? It hurts. It may be broken, though I'm not going to waste my insurance money to get an x-ray since there's nothing you can do for a broken toe. I'll survive.

*Note: I know my toes are in need of a pedicure. The last thing I want to do right now is touch that toe! I'll tend to it when it returns to its normal color!

No comments: