Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not Off To A Great Start

I was so full of optimism a week ago. I really did intend to write more outside of work. So far, the only thing I've written are a few checks. And this blog.

I had a media blackout for a couple of days as I suffered from a wicked sinus infection. It wasn't until Sunday that I really felt up to watching TV. I didn't really read (again, something on my list that I can't check off - boo). It just hurt too much to keep my eyes open. The first thing off the DVR to make the cut? NPH on SNL. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him! He was funny. This skit was one of my favorites:

I still don't get Taylor Swift. Yes, she's darling. But she kinda screeches when she sings.

I'm going to watch the Golden Globes tonight and (hopefully) do some writing. And I'm going to make some chicken noodle soup from scratch. No can of soup for this girl.

I'm still optimistic that I can make this year good. I know that if I don't try, I can't be mad at how the year ends. So here's to me trying to be the glass is half full right now. Wish me luck!

No comments: