Saturday, October 4, 2008

Newsrooms Are FILTHY!

I'm working today - Saturday. I produced the 6pm show (which went on late because of a lame college football game). After that, I moved to the assignments desk.

If you're not familiar with it, it's where all the action happens.

Kind of.

It has 16 noisy scanners - sometimes beeping and talking at the same time. There are two telephones. There are five televisions. I have turned things down as much as I can, but it's still pretty rowdy on a Saturday night in San Antonio.

But back to the title of this post. I have wiped this area down with not one but TWO disinfectant wipes. Despite my repeated swabbings, I cannot get the keyboard clean. Take a look:

It's beyond dust bunnies. That stuff is not going anywhere. It's gooey. I'm sure there are remnants from many a breakfast taco or burger - or whatever else these desk dudes gobble down while slamming phones and sending crews all over town. And this keyboard is old, yo. I feel like I have to pound on the keys to get it to type. It's like whatever's living under the keys is fighting my every keystroke.

I'm grossed out and counting down the hours until I can get the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of here.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Now I'm sitting at the desk. It's disgusting!!!!!!!!!! BLEK.

Nicole said...

It's like the oldest, nastiest keyboard. Maybe we should send it to Guiness!

OR-

Maybe Kenny could replace it with a new one and put one of those plastic covers on it to keep the nasties from getting under the keys.