Friday, October 10, 2008

Extreme Closeup

If you know me, or have read this blog before, you know I'm not a fan of Governor Sarah Palin. I'm not gonna lie - she scares the bejeezus out of me! What was even scarier was this magazine cover in my mailbox the other day.
I was put off by the stray hairs in her eyebrows and slight mustache. She is a pretty woman. What was the purpose of such a closeup???

They gave Hillary the same treatment (no touch-up) only hers was not as close as Palin's. And I'm pretty sure the guys don't get any photoshop help. But honestly, this is just plain disrespectful. If I'm ever on the cover of a magazine (perish the thought kind readers), I expect, no I DEMAND some retouching! I think we've all gotten used to the softer images on the newstands. Yes, I know Newsweek is a news magazine, not exactly like the other glossies I get each week or month. But I hope to never see anyone - especially a politician - look like this on the cover of any magazine. They're all a little harsh around the edges. I just don't want to see it.

No comments: