Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike Will Scare The You-Know-What Out of You!

As a girl who has spent most of her life along the Texas coast, I have to say this woman must either be

a) stupid
b) a tourist who has never seen tropical weather
c) suicidal
d) all of the above

Have people learned NOTHING from the lessons of Hurricane Katrina, in which more than 1,000 people lost their lives - mostly because they did not get out of the freaking way???

Here's my advice if you ever want to get an up-close look at a hurricane: watch from a distance. Don't get in the water - it's much stronger than it appears. Storms are best seen in your rear view mirror. I know it seems a little hypocritical since people in my line of work are out in the extreme conditions - but, hey, we do it so you don't do something stupid. Let us handle it. We know when to get out of harm's way. You daredevils clearly have no idea who you're messing with. Mother Nature is much stronger than yours truly. Even I get the message: back off the coast when I'm about to dump several feet of water on you dummies.

No comments: