Monday, September 22, 2008

Friendly Tip

Every day in my inbox I get the "Urban Word of The Day." It's a slang term that is sometimes new to me. Today's word(s): Desk Rage.

If you've never heard of it, here's the definition:
The peak of office employee stress levels which ultimately starts with the screaming of vulgar language within the workplace. It can often times lead to assaulting fellow employees, abusing office equipment and/or stealing of company property, abusing sick days and ultimately poor production at work. A possible side effect is that the employee continues to take out his or her rage at their residence in the form of kicking small animals and drinking heavily.

And here it is in a sentence:
With my pending at work and the amount of people calling me each day I'm on the brink of desk rage and one day I'm going to break and take it out on that weird guy that sits next to me.

I confess I've succumbed to four of the eight rage symptoms. Can you guess which ones? I'm not proud of it. Here's the deal: as long as there are stupid people who continue to be employed or somehow know how to drive, call or find me, I just can't help myself.

The more you know...

No comments: