Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our Cheesecake Adventure

Every week, I write a post on the work blog called "Friday Freebies." Last week, I included a sweet treat: $1.50 cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. It was only taking place on Wednesday, so myself and three co-workers decided to meet there for lunch.

It took a little more than half an hour to get a table - thanks to 'zo for being prompt and getting us on the list. I quickly ordered the lunch tomato, basil and cheese pizza and house salad. I should have taken a picture of the ginormous salad as it was its own meal. Still, I was there for the cheesecake so I cut myself off after one slice of yummy pizza and about a third of the salad.

We all agreed to order a different cheesecake. After we passed them around so everyone could sample the four amazing desserts, I got everyone to put their forks down and slide 'em to the center of the table for a picture. However, I just discovered I did not save it in my phone. Julie took one with her camera, so maybe she'll share it - or post it on her blog.

So here's who ordered what:
'zo: Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple
Sean: Chocolate Oreo Mudslide
Julie: Chocolate Mousse
Me: White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut

All were amazing! The whole lunch was one big treat, as we all got back to work about half an hour later than we should have. Still, I had lunch with fun people and had more than enough left for dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still full.

dt said...

so am i

Nicole said...

but, kenny, you didn't come with us! you were stuck in some lame-o meeting!