Thursday, July 17, 2008

I've Been Sucked In

To Stephenie Meyer's vampire series, that is.

So imagine my delight when I went to the mailbox and found this waiting for me.
Those two play the leads in the move version of the first book in the series, Twilight.

The magazine includes an article on the making of the movie. It also includes an interview with the author. Some of the tidbits from her:
  • She's working on a novel of Twilight as seen from Edward's point of view (it hasn't been sold and Meyer teases that it could be published on her website instead of in book form)
  • The alien series The Host already has two books to follow it (they haven't been completed yet)
  • She's also planning a time-travel novel
I just pre-ordered my copy of Breaking Dawn this morning (for $14.92!) and decided I could not wait for delivery. I'll be picking it up in the store!

Thanks to Julie for getting me hooked on this! It's fun reading!

Of course, you could see more about what I've just written on EW's website here. And while Julie is the lucky weekly recipient of this magazine after I've absorbed the yummy dose of pop culture, I recommend you take the old school route and pick up the magazine!

2 comments:

jayme said...

I, too, have read the Twilight books and am quite disturbed by all the dysfunctional relationships. I hope Bella gets a personality in Breaking Dawn. Btw, Yahoo Movies just put up the new trailer.

Nicole said...

It's not the best written series, but it's kept my interest. The Host is much harder for me to read. A bit too much sci-fi, though you may like it (not that you're gonna have time to read it once you start school). The trailer makes me want to set a reminder in my phone to buy a ticket to see the movie on the big screen!