Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday, Monday

For the last three weeks, I've hardly slept. I've been staying up as late as 4AM, then waking between 7-8. My schedule changed, so now I don't have to be to work until 2PM. By the time I get home, get Charley fed and make sure he does his business, it's nearly midnight. On my old schedule, I had a hard time staying awake past 10:30. I miss those days. Now, I'm still at work at that time!

Last night, I started a self-developed plan to get some sleep. For starters, I'm cutting out caffeine after 6PM. To try to get my body and brain used to going to sleep at a reasonable hour, I popped some Tylenol PM around 11:30. Then, I crawled into bed. I read a little bit, then watched Dirty Dancing for the millionth time. I drifted off to sleep. The next thing I know, Charley's waking me up. I can tell it's morning. I look at the clock and it's 8:30. Amazing! I slept more than seven hours, probably closer to eight!!!

I got up, fed him, took him for a walk and just watched Samantha Who? from April 14. This show is not great, but Christina Applegate has really good comedic timing. I have to say, it's like every girl-centric show I watch. Girl loves guy who doesn't want her, while handsome and charming billionaire offers her the world, to which she turns up her nose. Is this remotely realistic? I mean, I know we all want what we can't have. But at some time, don't you have to do what will make you happy? Will it really make you happy to want someone who doesn't want you? By the end of the show, it seems Samantha was accepting her relationship with the billionaire - until her ex-boyfriend, Todd, shows up and kisses her then says, "Well, now look what you made me do!"

Huh? I'm not even the tiniest bit groggy from the drugs I took last night. But that makes no sense to me. She MADE him leave her apartment (where he lives with his new girlfriend) and go to her parents house and kiss her? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. And I'll probably keep watching. For how much longer, I have no idea. If she was my friend, I'd shake some sense into her. However, she's not real. But Christina Applegate, if you're reading this, I'd love to play Guitar Hero with you!

No comments: